Thursday, November 03, 2005

I'm just wild about Harry!

Harry Reid's having called a closed session of Congress yesterday was one of the greatest things I've seen the Democrats do in ages. If they keep this up, I just might find myself saying I'm proud of my government. Which would feel funny. And anyway, I'd be proud of some of my government. Bush and his ilk would still embarrass the hell out of me, I'm sure.

I doubt the resulting bipartisan committee on the intelligence abuses used to justify the Iraq War will lead to the convictions that we as a democracy need, but that's beside the point. At least some light has been shone on these cockroaches that have been stonewalling the investigation nigh on eighteen months now, and that's progress.

Besides, if the Republicans could call a closed session on something as important as Bill Clinton's marital indiscretions, I'd say something like this certainly qualifies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home